Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I joined DY as my first attempt at interacting on a forum [[in fact, one could say, as a quasi-Luddite, I stayed altogether away from the internet up until 2010). My outspoken defense of the city, homeless advocacy, and religion drew her attentions to me [[not to mention criticisms of other things). You can say she even took an odd shine to me. She would PM me on some matters.

All I knew is what she divulged, and that meant she was Episcopalian and lived for a time in Northern KY. She was not very well liked by the folks on the "other site", that frequently dedicated hate threads to her [[among other veterans from DY).

When Django died, I went to the Old Miami for his wake, before heading off to work, and hearing that an ex-GF would be stopping by, I cut out early. Sumas frequently expressed sorrow over his death. When she died, Ron announced her death to everyone on DY within a casual hour's span of advising someone else here on ideal CVS locations which made the occurrence seem-I guess, to me--untimely, if not, surreal. Then he died also. Odd.

EDIT: to add, on a number of occasions, Sumas frequently expressed concerns over harassments that occurred outside of DY but were clearly being perpetuated by some DY users. She often mentioned getting nasty letters addressed to her home address with her user name written on them. If true, than that is very creepy.
    Last edited by G-DDT; March-24-17 at 05:03 PM.