Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    sorry people voted yes in Macomb in the southern, half but people up here in Armada, Romeo etc..voted no, because it wouldn't help us at all, if RTA would gave us some transit service we would voted yes, why should we support RTA for no service, put a line up here that's gos to 23 mile and van dyke or Gratiot, then we would vote yes
    Jesus, you've gotta be kidding me. This is what is wrong with our region. People refusing to see the forest through the trees. If I lived all the way out in Armada, I wouldn't really expect bus service up by me, at least for the first few years of the RTA. Sure, it might come in the future, but why kill the WHOLE plan, just because the bus doesn't come out to bumfuck wherever? The benefit to the region as a whole would've been huge. So selfish to think that every house and home deserves a bus stop right next door, even when you live in an area with no density, tons of feeder and collector roads, sprawling suburbs, strip malls, and tons of personal vehicles. The RTA plan would've connected people who do not have easy access to transportation to jobs. But it would've benefitted EVERYONE in the region through increased property values, more jobs moving to the area, more employed people living and paying taxes in our region, more young people staying here after college... God forbid we catch up our region to the rest of the civilized world, if only they planned that bus stop at Romeo Plank and 32 Mile...
    Last edited by Gsgeorge; March-03-17 at 09:15 AM.