Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
Takascar, your thinking is so absurdly short-sighted.

That river feeds into Lake Saint Clair. Lake Saint Clair feeds into the Detroit River. The Detroit River and Lake Saint Clair is where your drinking water comes from.

Fraser has built their sewage infrastructure in such a short-sighted way that a single failure can cause them to dump RAW FREAKING SEWAGE into the waterway that dumps into the water ways where nearly FOUR MILLION PEOPLE get their drinking water from.

Our rivers are used by the very PEOPLE you want to put first for enjoyment and recreation. I can't kayak in the Clinton River or take my family to Lake Saint Clair if there is RAW SEWAGE in it.

If Fraser residents don't want sewage in their basements, they need to build infrastructure that has ample capacity and is fault tolerant. Dumping directly into the Clinton River SHOULD NOT ever be an option.

I live in Rochester Hills, where we have spent a lot of money to have both storm water and sewage systems. Just because Fraser residents aren't willing to make that same commitment doesn't mean that they get to dump raw sewage into our water when they have a single sewer fail.
Whoa, take a deep breath 48307. You have a lot of misconceptions. This has little to do with Fraser. It's not Fraser's sewer. Fraser didn't build it [[DWSD did), and Fraser doesn't have combined sewers either. Your feces in Rochester uses the left arm of this sewer to get to where is going. If this happened to that line, you'd get a basement full of crap and nothing Rochester Hills has done would prevent it. This was an accident, not a design fault. It's a massive pipe that serves the eastern side of Macomb County up to Ray Twp and New Haven. No one is going to stand for having thousands of basements flood with waste so you can kayak next summer.