Quote Originally Posted by Olddetroiter View Post
I'm so excited. They finally have a head coach whose name doesn't begin with M. Anything else is just icing on the cake.
Something else I've noticed too about Schwartz- he isn't exactly the egocentric sort of guy that says too many outlandish things that end up as sound bytes on sports talk radio shows. I think back to some of the stupid remarks that come of the previous coaches have said, such as Marty Morningwheg's "The bar is high", Rod Marinelli's "pounding the rock", and others... all of these were said even before the Lions played a single game for them.

Is it Schwartz' savvy around the media? Is he actually that bright? It also makes me wonder because I really can't remember Steve Mariucci having said anything profoundly stupid during his tenure here. Granted he wasn't here that long.

But just on a intelligence scale with the media so far, Jim Schwartz has seemed to have done okay. Once the season starts and unfolds... who knows? He might be foaming at the mouth and saying even more outlandish things than his predecessors. I figure frustration can do that to a man.

So yeah, wanna add to the pre-season hype a little bit? Sure, Jim Schwartz has impressed me so far with his media savvy and his choice words around a microphone.