Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ferndalescotty23 View Post
    I thought it would be a year before they begin the rehab which seems silly. I can't believe they'd want to have that empty building looming down on their shiny new arena for a year. Oh who am I kidding, yes I can.
    Based on what I saw in D.C. around Nationals Park, the stadium was finished first and then development work began later.

I think they have plenty to worry about because of the nature of the structure with some ancillary [[if that is the word) components to the arena with an open design [[unlike other stadia/arena which are usually simply self contained hulks).

I've always felt it was the arena and parking garages [[which need to be up) and then the Eddystone and streetscaping, etc. etc.

Think of it this way: What are the highest priorities? Parking, team offices, team stores, eateries, etc. or the Eddystone?

Other than sharing contiguous physical space, Eddystone is very much independent [[functionally) of the rest of the arena project.

And if one wants to prioritize buildings other than the arena and parking garages, the Ilitch School of Business is a higher priority as it fronts on Woodward.
    Last edited by emu steve; November-18-16 at 09:59 AM.