Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by drpoundsign View Post
    I found something Disturbing [[at least-to ME.) A Number of homes rated "good" or "Fair" in 2013, were unoccupied and "poor" a year or two later, and THEN burned down and were removed. I acknowledge there are a lot of rundown houses in the D, and fires are far from rare. But it HAS to be unusual for that many homes to burn within a few years of being evaluated. I hope the landbank isn't taking Illegal shortcuts.
    Not only is not not unusual, it would be unusual for it not to happen to an empty home in the city. Unless the neighbors remain vigilant, it's likely that within days [[Sometimes even hours) of being vacating the homes are likely to be ransacked by scrappers, vandals or squatters [[Even more so a few years back when metal prices were still high). Of course this is assuming that those vacating the homes haven't destroyed the place on their own. An "If I can't have it no one will" fire isn't an unheard of result of losing a home to foreclosure. If any empty home were to remain in "Good" or "Fair" condition after a few years of sitting vacant I would be very surprised.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; November-02-16 at 08:38 AM.