Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Couple of thoughts:

1). Any ideas of a location? I assume the facility would be like a small arena for a very small college with maybe 2 - 3K seating, not simply four walls. Maybe a bare bones O-rena. I could see UDM, EMU, etc. playing a game there if it has say 3K seats. I could see high school games there or MHSAA tourney games. I bet EMU would LOVE to play a game there [[say vs. CMU or WMU). BTW, little known fact: EMU signed as a transfer sitout Tobias Harris' younger brother, Terry Harris. BTW, the EMU coach, Rob Murphy, is a native Detroiter and I'd assume would love to get into Detroit as much as possible.

2). Would they go higher [[5K?) and try to bring back a WNBA team?

I believe Washington is spending 50M for a practice facility, arena, etc. for the Wizards and WNBA Mystics.

The idea of separate facilities for NBA games and practice is getting more common within the NBA.

EDIT: I saw the square footage as 60K. Doesn't seem very big to me. I was unable to find the square footage for Oakland U's O'Rena.

The one for D.C. would be 118K square feet and cost [[now) 65M, up from 55M.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d=ss_tw-bottom
    Last edited by emu steve; September-30-16 at 09:02 PM.