I have been driving I-75 5-6 days a week , and the Exit 75 [[Sq. Lake Rd), for 42 years.

This is the biggest boondoggle, unnecessary, corporate welfare, waste of federal [[mostly) and local tax dollars I've ever seen. The two mile Exit 75 re-build is a no-bid, design build project fraught with corruption.

The justification for the Exit 75 rebuild is that over the past 5-6 years there have been 600 accidents in the area. I have used that exit thousands of times over 42 years and have never seen an accident or been involved in a traffic back-up. Whatever accidents have occurred have been fender benders and normal for the volumn of traffic.

The northbound exit to Sq. Lake Rd. is a left hand exit and drivers must cross two lanes of traffic [[cars exiting to Sq. Lake from southbound 75) in a short distance to exit at Opdyke. It's a terrible design. However, the new exit northbound will be a right hand exit over a to-be constructed bridge across all lanes of 75, BUT DRIVERS WILL STILL HAVE TO CROSS TWO LANES IN A SHORT DISTANCE TO GET ON OPDYKE RD. The original design problem will not be solved, although in thousands of times I've used it I've never seen an accident there.

The whole debacle will cause drivers to waste millions of man hours in congested traffic and millions of gallons of wasted gasoline while idling in miles-long traffic back-ups during construction.

When the whole I-75 project is completed I doubt if travel times will be reduced by a minute. Other cities such as Chicago and L.A. have added more lanes and the result is that more driver use them and congestion has not been alleviated.

I understand that there is not one local municipality that has to spend tax dollars on this boondoggle supports it.