Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

This doesn't surprise me. Per wiki: "Excluding one neighborhood in particular with a majority elderly population, the city's median household income in 2009 was $46,687, surpassing the neighboring communities of Warren, Madison Heights and Ferndale as well as many communities in the Detroit Metropolitan Area." I predicted in a thread a few years ago that business people would start to see the opportunities in Hazel Park, and everyone thought I was nuts [[especially you Bham). Then Mable Grey popped up and I thought about you guys.

Now if we could just get the commercial property owners along the rest of John R in HP to lower their expectations re rent, things could really take off there too. Buildings have been sitting empty on the south stretch for 10+ years now.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; July-11-16 at 09:39 PM.