Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This reminds me when I went to Wayne State. This was a good old while ago, and there was street parking available on Second south of Warren and the cross streets. I would try and save money by finding a free spot. So, I get down there early and park on the street, a legal spot. Five hours later I return to find the city has put up no parking signs for street cleaning and I have a nice ticket. I didn't hang around to find out if they actually cleaned the street, but I was sure it was just a trick to get money. I started parking in the structure after that, it worked out cheaper that way.

Money grab!

My g/f has a business in midtown on Cass and PE swoops down like vultures when a meter expires. On numerous occasions she has busted them ticketing cars after 5pm. They're corrupt.

If only the rest of the CofD bureacracy worked as well as parking enforcement Detroit would be the best run city in the state. Seriously, the mayor should have a team study that department and port their efficiency over to the others. Yes, they are annoying, but they get the job done on time [and sometimes ahead of time ].

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    If only the rest of the CofD bureacracy worked as well as parking enforcement Detroit would be the best run city in the state. Seriously, the mayor should have a team study that department and port their efficiency over to the others. Yes, they are annoying, but they get the job done on time [and sometimes ahead of time ].
    Isn't parking enforcement/collections farmed out to a independent contractor?

Ditto what Lowell has stated.

Dang Parking Nazies

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    That's probably because metered parking is in effect until 6pm but don't let that get in the way of rallying against parking injustices.
    Not on Cass my friend. Check it for yourself.

crawford Guest

I thought Detroit city living was so wonderful compared to the suburbs?

Why not use the DDot buses if you have a problem with following the parking rules?

I love crawford. I always get the feeling that he's just contributing out of love, and he never seems smug about anything.

Default Free parking/ Ask Dale Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Novack View Post
    Dear Detroit Parking Enforcement officials,

This morning you asked me to move my car. The street I live on was getting paved. The majority of the neighborhood is street parking, so we, my neighbors and I, have limited parking options. And I was leaving in 15 minutes anyway for work. So I pulled my car behind my neighbors car [[he does have a drive way) and parked it. 5 MINUTES....5 minutes later after getting dressed and my work stuff I find a ticket on my windshield for blocking the side walk. Soooooooo.....

I'm sorry you had to wake the neighborhood up with a bull horn.

I'm sorry that you did not post any signs the night before to say you were paving the street [[ for the second or third time this month)

And I am truly sorry that I did what you asked and moved my vehicle. And then I'm so sorry that you were forced to get out of your vehicle and write not only me but several of my neighbors tickets for doing what you asked.

Please accept my apology for WHAT I HAVE NO IDEA. And let me leave you with this....

I don't like you. Not in the least bit.

If we were still in elementary school I would be looking for you during recess.

Novack maybe we can hope and pray a candidate such as Dearing or Dale Foster want to bring free parking to Detroit. Afterall Dale is a son of a former businessman and Jai Lee Dearing is too
    Last edited by omega; August-01-09 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mipade View Post
    Not on Cass my friend. Check it for yourself.
    I live on cass, trust me, the meter runs out at 6 pm

Default Free parking/ Ask Dale Foster, Dearing, and Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Novack View Post
    Dear Detroit Parking Enforcement officials,

This morning you asked me to move my car. The street I live on was getting paved. The majority of the neighborhood is street parking, so we, my neighbors and I, have limited parking options. And I was leaving in 15 minutes anyway for work. So I pulled my car behind my neighbors car [[he does have a drive way) and parked it. 5 MINUTES....5 minutes later after getting dressed and my work stuff I find a ticket on my windshield for blocking the side walk. Soooooooo.....

I'm sorry you had to wake the neighborhood up with a bull horn.

I'm sorry that you did not post any signs the night before to say you were paving the street [[ for the second or third time this month)

And I am truly sorry that I did what you asked and moved my vehicle. And then I'm so sorry that you were forced to get out of your vehicle and write not only me but several of my neighbors tickets for doing what you asked.

Please accept my apology for WHAT I HAVE NO IDEA. And let me leave you with this....

I don't like you. Not in the least bit.

If we were still in elementary school I would be looking for you during recess.

Novack maybe we can hope and pray a candidate such as Dearing or Dale Foster want to bring free parking to Detroit. Afterall Dale is a son of a former businessman and Jai Lee Dearing family owns a place downtown. Dale is pretty shrape the guy wants to move to get free parking in the first 180 if elected to council. Surley the rest of the candidate like Fred Hall and Jai Dearing will move to do the same.

Check out Fred Elliot Hall www.fredhall2009.com
    Check out Dearing http://www.dearingfordetroit.com
    Check Dale Foster out here www.friendsforfoster.com

Default Free Parking?

Isn't meter parking what makes limited parking resources useful and productive? If parking was free, space would never be available forcing everyone to use a higher priced garage.
    This is a shoddy empty campaign promise like what one of the women running against CK declared that if elected she would restore the driver's licenses of everyone who had a suspended or revoked license. Besides, why would a money hungry city think sacrificing a profitable ordinance to the benefit of private garage owners a good idea?

It’s unfortunate that these three candidates have turned to popsicle tactics. The list is long, and the time to research everyone is short, but this helps scratch three names from the list.

detroit needs expanded parking options.. midtown/new center is horrible..
    ..many more buildings need to be razed.. clear the way for green space.. also parking..

Do meter maids work on commission in Detroit?

The other day, I peeked out of the front window to find my neighbor's car parked behind the wife's car blocking the sidewalk. When I came out there was policeman writing out a parking ticket.
    I went up to him and said, "Come on, buddy, how about giving a guy a break?"
    He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.
    I called him a Nazi.
    He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.
    So I called him a piece of horse shit.
    He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket.
    This went on for about 20 minutes ... the more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.
    Oh well ...

My car was parked around the corner.

Try to have a little fun each day.

Quote Originally Posted by dcmorrison12 View Post
    I live on cass, trust me, the meter runs out at 6 pm
    You must live in a different city on a different Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    Whoever said it is about money had it right. This is a money grab pure ans simple.
    No, it's called the law. There is a law that states that your car will be ticketed if you at any length block the sidewalk. Whether it's all of it or just a foot, the ticket will be written. The cops are doing there job and if they are enforcing these laws more because they need money, too bad. Obey the law, this doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I don't know about the other guy but I checked a few places on Cass in Midtown and each one said 6.
    The meters out in front of Stuber-Stone are only until 5.

Go figure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2