Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Upton is extremely streaky, always been like that. Just a cpl weekends ago he was a world beater
    Upton is a good everyday outfielder. Average defensively, with some power. I have to keep reminding myself that its not his fault the Tigers are paying him like he's one of the 5 best in the league. It does drive me nuts though when broadcasters keep saying he has tremendous power. I would rather have a guy that hit 30 home runs that just cleared the fence than a guy that swings so hard he hits 15 of them 400 feet plus with a ton of strikeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Upton is a good everyday outfielder. Average defensively, with some power. I have to keep reminding myself that its not his fault the Tigers are paying him like he's one of the 5 best in the league. It does drive me nuts though when broadcasters keep saying he has tremendous power. I would rather have a guy that hit 30 home runs that just cleared the fence than a guy that swings so hard he hits 15 of them 400 feet plus with a ton of strikeouts.
    Upton is the closest thing to a "hot and cold" player you can find. He can start out in a slump for a month or two, then catch fire and carry a team, 2 months later. You would think the Tigers, would have did their homework on him, before signing him to that huge deal. He strikes out way too much. And signing Mike Pelfrey was also a waste. Why do you think the Twins let him walk? He hasn't won a start since last August. They finally fix the bullpen somewhat, now the starters are the problem. Sanchez and JV look like they're done, Zimmerman who suffered his 1st loss yesterday, has been their best pitcher. and Miggy and JD aren't hitting yet. One bright spot has been Castellanos, who looks like he might have a career year. They're window of opportunity has been officially slammed shut.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; May-08-16 at 12:33 AM.