Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I hope the final building does not look like the one in the rendering. That building is hideous. Is it meant to extend over Gratiot? Looks like it's going right up against the Compuware Building. Also, don't most people in a building want to be able to see out of it? That Woodward facade, with its upward slope, appears to lack windows. Also, there appears to be a purposely placed hole in the roof. I agree with Gistok that the building in the rendering has no place in a traditional downtown setting

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    I agree with Gistok that the building in the rendering has no place in a traditional downtown setting
    If you're expecting traditional in any way, you're probably going to hate whatever goes up there. DG is swinging for the fences. He's not going to create something that looks like everything else down there. He's going more Guggenheim museum than David Whitney it would seem.