Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    This is just putting the cart before the horse. Without any significant investment in local public transit what is the point of this plan? You will have to drive or get a ride to the the train stops and than either get picked up or rent a car when you arrive at your destination.
    I agree completely on two of your points, ABD. First, this plan, more of a suggestion really, I would think is more than a few years away from beginning, if it were decided upon. Everything we say and do now is beyond preliminary. Second, I think ALL transit projects going forward should emphasize interconnectivity with different systems. Any rail investment should be tied to good local transit in the cities served by the new rail service. It is vastly more convenient for the riding public, and the different systems feed each other's service.
    Last edited by MikeyinBrooklyn; February-24-16 at 09:38 AM.