Eastside Al and Lowell are right.

All initial reports [[and these ones are the ones to pay attention to first and see what get altered, distilled, buried, or even possibly expanded upon-though they are not always the guide to go by, as a broader picture may still be needed when more complicated events transpire and all "blood simples" dissipate) stated that she was in an erratic and troubled state of mind [[similar to what went down around the Washington D.C. when you had one woman rammng gates and a guy torching himself). This could've resulted from anything [[turmoil of events family wasn't even aware of, a head injury even she was not aware of, drink tampering, biochemistry foul-up, stroke, drugs, etc....), and this can essentially happen to anyone. If you think it thoroughly through though-how delicate the very balance of your life is-you can be going about your daily life and then Whammo! you are suddenly a raving wreck that trigger-happy cops don't feel like subduing by any other means.

The gal who was shot in the face on the porch of a Dearborn Heights resident who didn't even call 911 [[who later claimed it was an "accident" and "self defense"), was addled by the combination of alcohol, drama, and the horrible rattling effects of a car accident [[I've seen many sober women, including my mom, go into absolute hysterics after being in a truly jarring accident).

All in all, we shouldn't fear a media circus. Dearborn usually does a good job of stifling and suppressing a lot of things. In all fairness, Dearborn cops are better than most suburban cops I've encountered. They usually have a tendency to handle things in a calm and orderly fashion. That mall, however, is the epicenter of a lot of bad energy that goes back an awefully long time. It sits there like this thing that many Dearborn residents sort of fear and don't want to even talk about.