Quote Originally Posted by TTime View Post
What's it called when someone trolls a troll? Also, I stop reading articles on Detroit when I see any variation of booming or boom in reference to the city's "comeback." This article obviously went down that road like so many of the rest. There is quite a commendable effort to improve the city's core but to people who say Detroit is booming I simply say,"you need to get out more."
Or I'd suggest that folks look at Detroit in 5 or 10-year increments to see if there has been a real turn around.

2001 - 2005 period included Ford Field and preparations for the Super Bowl which led to the beginning of what we are seeing downtown.

2006 - 2010 included the Super Bowl, but also the Great Recession which devastated areas which were not strong and slowed Detroit's comeback.

2011 - 2015 evidence that the national, state and local economies improved and things picking up in Detroit, esp certain areas. Bankruptcy completed and the city has a brighter future. Gilbert, Ilitch, etc. commit big bucks to be transformative.

2016 - 2020 another exciting five years expected as some big projects and developments should be completed which will be transformative for certain areas like downtown, midtown, etc. I'd guess it would be hard to overstate the impact of the new arena, adjacent development, the Hudson's site, etc. will have on the Woodward corridor south of MLK. New Center to become hot during the latter part of this 5-year period. Re-development should follow M-1 along Woodward first in downtown/CBD into Midtown and eventually to New Center. While neighborhoods continue to improve, the Henry Ford Hospital area could be a signficant, big development boomlet.