Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

That Riley article details a great deal of graft and fraud expressed by Snapp. 1,000 instances of "funneling"! Incredible. That's alot of moving parts, especially seeing as how word of mouth probably got around. I wonder how long her new employer will be willing to carry this baggage?

From the article:

If Kwame Kilpatrick is Detroit's greatest example of a municipal leader who forfeited a brilliant career to be a player, Snapp, may become the poster child for a home-grown educator who squandered her career for money.

Snapp — who was indicted Thursday and recently told the Free Press that she agreed to plead guilty to charges of bribery and tax evasion in exchange for leniency — is at the heart of a federal corruption investigation into the Education Achievement Authority, the state reform district for the lowest-performing schools. The EAA oversees 15 schools in Detroit.

....Former emergency manager Robert Bobb, who was in charge of DPS when Snapp was running her operation, said he began to get phone calls as soon as the indictment was announced.

"I'm totally shocked, quite frankly," he said from Washington, D.C. "I'm shocked over the number of incidents that have happened in Detroit since I’ve been gone, particularly after I cracked down real hard on people."

....What is most shocking, Bobb said, is that anyone would continue to try to scam the district after those indictments.

"That really confirms what I felt early on and what people in the community told me Day One: 'Look out for the friends and family plan,' and the system itself was a pool of corruption."
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-25-15 at 10:06 AM.