Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

The area bounded by the chain link fence was originally going to be the @Water Lofts. It was a condo development by a development company called Belyeu[[sp?). The guy did the Crystal Lofts above Ye Olde Butcher Shop. It would be nice to have some residential on that side of Atwater. I disagree with DinNC. I think what remains of vacant land south of Atwater should be used for a mix of residential and retail. In fact, I think there should be an additional road added south of Atwater. The Riverside Drive street seen in some of the old GM renderings from years back started south of Atwater at St. Antoine and continued east. The new road that I suggest would be an extension of Riverside Drive and would begin at Rivard and continue along the sidewalk section of Rivard Plaza, and then curve back towards Atwater at Orleans. A lot of residential and retail could go there, therefore the state doesn't need to expand Milliken Park. It's time to get more people living down there, period.
    Last edited by royce; November-29-15 at 04:00 AM.