Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Is Art Van really the type of retail that would attract a lot of foot traffic downtown? It's better than nothing but I'm more excited for the Nike store, Apple store, and a grocery store. I would think Art Van would make more sense outside of downtown, like by New Center or east on Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by ekleezy View Post
    Is Art Van really the type of retail that would attract a lot of foot traffic downtown? It's better than nothing but I'm more excited for the Nike store, Apple store, and a grocery store. I would think Art Van would make more sense outside of downtown, like by New Center or east on Jefferson.
    Keep in mind that "Downtown" is quite a big area. To someone not intimatly familiar with the area, both New Center and Midtown could be called "the Downtown area" I also think it is a great addition. Anything that lets city residents stay in the city is a plus. Also, that is 40-50 people paying taxes and eating at the local lunch places. Wins all around if you ask me.