Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
That is exactly what they are running from,they are not interested in revitalizing a neighborhood and doing what it takes,they could do that where they are.

They are looking to relocate to a nice stable community where they can send their kids to school and provide a safe setting.If Detroit was at that point now it would not need to re-settle refugees.I am not trying to dis the city but remind me why people left in the first place,but then fly thousands in and trap them into a situation that most would not that are already in the country?

Maybe places like Birmingham or one of the burbs,or San Diego,San Fransisco or a city that can more afford to absorb the associated costs.

The really downside would be,let one thug kill,rape,rob one and it becomes Detroit all over the international news,it does not matter that it could happen anywhere,the negativity on a international level would do more damage to the city then it is worth.

It sounds really harsh but why all the trends?

Years ago it was adopt a foreign child,while ours sit in holding waiting for a loving family.
Then it was feed other countries starving children,while ours go hungry to school.

I was raised Midwestern Lutheran and 100% believe in helping out our fellow man,but as an American my duty is to Americans first then we do what we can for others.
I don't think the plan is to move them into a neighborhood and then revitalize it, but would be to move into an already revitalized neighborhood. My support for the initiative would be based on a very large pool of funds to reconstruct and stabilize the area, and then repopulate it. And "they could do that where they are"? While being in the cross hairs of Assad and ISIL? They are not exactly fleeing a just a bad neighborhood.

As far as the "Americans first" argument, it would be easier to subscribe to if we did not continually meddle in, and make matters worse in, the Middle East.