Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Hour is still fairly significant. An interesting new one is Grand Circus.

Luckily, print is not dying that much. Though many commercial bookstores have closed, and places like Barnes & Noble push e-books, having talked to folks running college bookstores admitted to me that e-books only make up a small percentage of sales. Sociopathic-Apathetic idiots commuting in Boston may gawk at them en masse , but folks are catching on that they are not all they are cracked up to be.

e-books hurt the eyes, subject to mistranslations and revisions, don't always let you scrawl on the margins, and you can't rapidly flip between many pages at once. http://teleread.com/ebooks/10-reasons-why-ebooks-suck/You have to give them power. You maybe able to log and link onto outside sources, but this causes an aberration to the very focus many of us need to stay in practice with-and that's what a sit-down with a book provides [[otherwise we fall to the perils the internet is causing us as emphasized by Carr's "The Shallows").http://blogcritics.org/why-e-books-suck-and-real/ I should add, I'm not open to criticism to the contrary on this topic, seeing as books are my business and my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Hour is still fairly significant. An interesting new one is Grand Circus.
    I don't understand why. Hour has very little readable content of mention while the rest of it is doctor ads and the same restaurant reviews week after week. I would love a local interest magazine along the lines of Toronto Life or Chicago magazine.