Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Now my turn to speak:

IF Miggy had not been injured July 3 [[Tigs were +3, I believe), the Tigers would not have traded Price, Cespedes, and Soriano. A healthy Miggy and JV = a strong 2nd half even with pitching problems.

Think of what we got from Miggy and JV in early / mid-July: Miggy was injured and JV struggled coming back from injury.
    Thats kind of hard to say steve, they weren't exactly lighting the world on fire prior to the Cabrera injury. VMart has had an injury riddled year, Greene was likely injured most of the season, Sanchez might have been injured for awhile as well.

If JV had pitched well all season we would still have Price, Ces, and Soria.Their bats are way to streaky anyways. This team has always refused to be clutch on offense. Same script, different channel. Its driven me nuts for years, especially considering they have the talent. I used to blame McClendon for their woes, guess I was wrong...

As for the Price and Cespedes trades, does it matter anymore? If they want those guys back they can make offers. I personally wouldn't want the Tigers paying 30 million a year to Price, or 15-20 a year for Cespedes. Thats 45- 50 million annually. Payroll was 160 million this year. Maybe if this team didn't already have huge contracts like Verlander and Miggy, as well as pending free agents to resign like Iggy, and JD in the next few years.
    Last edited by Dbest; August-27-15 at 07:28 AM.