Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

SO I read all the posts in this thread, we're talking about how the evil Fox news went to their faith agenda and how the Prez and the left went to their anti gun agenda.

It's really sad that we don't have a President who can be Presidential.
    With Reagan, Bill Clinton, Bush I and even Jimmy Carter, a speech after a tragedy such as this would have been one to bring the nation to stand together to mourn for the victims, as well as the community, city and the state where it happened. To bring us together for the victims and support them. To denounce the violence and encourage healing and stability.

But not this guy.

He gets on the mic and makes 2 points:
    1. We need more gun control
    2. America has a dark past and insinuates we are a bunch of racists

This President is not the great uniter, he is the great divider, and fans the flames of division at every opportunity and after every tragedy. Even Hillary could have done a better job. So sad.

This event was a tragic and horrific event, performed by a young man who was not entirely all there, who was on meds and drugs, who was called "slow" by those who knew him, and was known not to be entirely stable. But does the actions of a few identify an entire race?

African Americans kill African Americans every day. Does that make all African Americans murderous butchers who hate their own race? Of course not.

Muslims kill butcher murder and torture Muslims and non Muslims every day. Yet we are told time and time again by the Government and the Media that all Muslims are not the same, that moderate Islamists and Muslims should not be labeled over the actions of a few radicals.

So is it fair to say all cops are bad because of the actions of a few?
    Is it fair to say all whites are racist monsters because of the actions of a few?

This country needs better leadership and it needs healing. It also needs to be clear in it's messages after a tragedy or a major event.
    Last edited by Papasito; June-19-15 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    It's really sad that we don't have a President who can be Presidential.
    With Reagan, Bill Clinton, Bush I and even Jimmy Carter, a speech after a tragedy such as this would have been one to bring the nation to stand together to mourn for the victims, as well as the community, city and the state where it happened. To bring us together for the victims and support them. To denounce the violence and encourage healing and stability.

But not this guy.

He gets on the mic and makes 2 points:
    1. We need more gun control
    2. America has a dark past and insinuates we are a bunch of racists

This President is not the great uniter, he is the great divider, and fans the flames of division at every opportunity and after every tragedy. Even Hillary could have done a better job. So sad.

You are doing what everyone else is...very poorly perceiving only what you want to perceive, and lashing out from your personal experience. That is an unfortunate trait of being merely human, we all suffer the same without great effort to expand beyond.

Have a wee bit of compassion. Which president ever had to face such a senseless act against not only 'innocents' he was adjacent to demographically...but actually associated with in real life?! In a historic place, no less...fundamental to the exposition of racial truths.

This sick twerp wanted to start a race war.

There is no arguing that point. He said it himself.

The multi-tiered fractures from this act need special attention, or he will have succeeded.

For instance, out of MY limited perception and life experience, I now know that it will be VERY difficult for any lone white dude to EVER approach any inner-city church for any reason. For most of my church-going adult life, I was one of the few white faces in the room...never as blatantly as in one southside church in Chicago where I was called out as an example.

This one senseless, evil act has now destroyed...destroyed...the chance of an open posture to strangers. So, the community must band together to insure this does not become a habit...love must conquer any fear and pain and loss, whether adjacent or directly encountered.

I say that specifically, because most often it is the adjacent experiences of others which seem to fuel the worst over-reactions in us all...especially since those are so much more prevalent than direct experience.

Sincerely,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    You are doing what everyone else is...very poorly perceiving only what you want to perceive, and lashing out from your personal experience. That is an unfortunate trait of being merely human, we all suffer the same without great effort to expand beyond.

Have a wee bit of compassion. Which president ever had to face such a senseless act against not only 'innocents' he was adjacent to demographically...but actually associated with in real life?! In a historic place, no less...fundamental to the exposition of racial truths.

This sick twerp wanted to start a race war.

There is no arguing that point. He said it himself.

The multi-tiered fractures from this act need special attention, or he will have succeeded.

For instance, out of MY limited perception and life experience, I now know that it will be VERY difficult for any lone white dude to EVER approach any inner-city church for any reason. For most of my church-going adult life, I was one of the few white faces in the room...never as blatantly as in one southside church in Chicago where I was called out as an example.

This one senseless, evil act has now destroyed...destroyed...the chance of an open posture to strangers. So, the community must band together to insure this does not become a habit...love must conquer any fear and pain and loss, whether adjacent or directly encountered.

I say that specifically, because most often it is the adjacent experiences of others which seem to fuel the worst over-reactions in us all...especially since those are so much more prevalent than direct experience.

Sincerely,
    John

Well said John! You are a credit to your own race! The human one, that is...

It is funny how the apologists and naysayers like papasito want to politicize the context of this event at every turn while negating the ethnic-hate driven motives of the perpetrator.

Worshippers will return to Charleston's Emanuel AME on Sunday

Comprehensive update, including vid and more information:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/20/us/cha...shooting-main/

Remembering the nine victims:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/...oting-victims/