Quote Originally Posted by rvtwitty View Post
Re read my posts. The couple did not have to buy now. They went in for the clunker program. They would have waited. till their old car fell apart. They pay taxes. They might as well go for a program they can qualify for. Not though when the dealer takes advantage. There has always been dirtball dealers. Not all, but some. This is a federal program folks. Your tax dollars. And I know one dealer scamming. When we have Medicare fraud, a federal program paid for with tax dollars, scammers need to be caught there to. Same with the clunker program.

I read the post, that is why I responded to it.
I know the program gets people into a dealer to buy cars that they would normally wait to buy. Thats what it is supposed to do.

That said, once anybody gets into a dealer, the dealer will not care who anybody is, they will do everything they can to screw you out of money. They do not care about how old or young, federal programs or even if you actually work for the dealer.

After buying a car new or used, always check the contract before and after signing, they love to add extra warranties in the blank spaces.. The final contract that you get in the mail can have a few additions...