I never wanted it legal even when I was smoking it [[and no, I had no Capone-esque vested interest in keeping it underground). I think what tipped it for me, was catching a comic in High Times a loooong time ago that theorized the scenirio of what if "weed" were legal. 1.) Folks would be smoking Marlboro Panama Reds, and we'd have to hear the constant whining of how the price keeps hiking up. 2.) Folks wouldn't be brought together by it being underground. It would no longer be communal [[the "germ-sharing" part of passing a fliz-zoint around never bothered me, either-seemed part of what "funk and soul" is, and I never contracted any illness.). Folks would be keeping there stuff to themselves. 3.) Herb, in the natural sense, would be co-opted. It would become a interpolation, saturation, and straight up pollution of unnatural by-products added to it. Which brings me to....

Towards the last two years of my "ganja-connoisseur" [[can't believe that term was in spell-check program) days, someone secretly changed the formula of the grass folks were getting, and it was not with Folger's crystals. I've tried it all, and yet, this stuff, typical of sensimilla, had no seeds, but was plastic-like. That stuff I called "Ken & Barbie" weed. Then there was stuff available around 9-11 that wouldn't light, no matter how dry it was. I called that stuff "Asbestos weed". Finally, towards the end, the stuff folks were getting was giving me this God-awful pharmaceutical sickness I hated. It made me miserable, depressed, and unalert. It was unlike any of the stuff I ever smoked. That was straight up "Clockwork Orange". One rare occasion, someone got ditchey Mexican dirtweed that was a breath of relief compared to all of that.

All that crud is looong behind me, and I don't miss it one bit. I still remember it like yesterday [[which makes folks laugh as to how I could remember things if I was doing that stuff? Probably not that good of stuff, eh? Actually, my memory is that dang strong and persistent, grass couldn't cloud it out.), though. Which makes me all wonder: what the heck are folks smoking from the "Government"? Can it be classified anywhere near to being like the stuff folks enjoyed for decades? I used to hear old hippies say that the LSD folks did in the '90s was not anywhere near as good or pure as the stuff from the '60s. So, how "altered" or "pharmaceutical" is all of that?