Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Oh yeah, that Obama. Nothing but a smooth talker. He's just a community organizer.

He was the director of a community organization between undergrad [[majored in political science) and law school where he was president of the Harvard Law Review and graduated manga cum laude. Afterwards for over a decade he was an attorney and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago. During this time he also did various non-profit things, sat on boards, etc. After that he ran and was relected for several terms as a state senator and then after that was a us senator.

Overall a pretty accomplished person, and his law background isn't dissimilar to the majority of politicians.

Oh yeah and don't forget, "divisive". It's not his fault that a segment of our nation's citizens are flipping out. The same people are constantly flipping out about all kinds of things [[rarely related to him) so they don't have much credibility. They woke up and saw on the calendar that it was 2015, and they just can't cope with it.

Snyder can't be president because Republicans don't like him.
I respect President Obama, and I think he is well intentioned. But I disagree with him. Am I allowed that? Or does that make me a 'birther'?

He ran as someone who would unite us. And certainly he met with Republican resistance. Big surprise to him, it couldn't be. I don't see that he did much to unite us.

Uniting actually requires compromise, and Obama has not compromised. Obamacare [[bless him) and changing filibuster rules were don unilaterally and in what may come back to bite Dems.

Obama set a high standard for himself saying he would unite, and instead he ramming things through brutally. At this point again the Dem say it was because Repubs were stubborn and wouldn't help. Sure, that's true. And that's the world he said he'd unite.

As to Snyder.... I don't agree that he's not liked. He just ain't anything special to a lot of them. He did grant Michigan citizens the freedom of associate via granting a right to work even if you don't want to join a union -- but when he could he actually was a Uniter. And that's not what the public on either side seems to have been seeking.