Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Because of the CA closures it gives the city 100% chance as a new market.

It shows where the CDA market is if it cannot support a target but can a wal-mart,worse then Detroit.

It was a calculated risk,they are not that stupid.
    I see you went back and edited your post and added a few sentences a few hours after I responded with mine.

Let's recap. If the Canadian market is so risky, why didn't Walmart Canada go bankrupt as well? It has three times the stores that Target did and they're very successful--Target had only 133 stores in Canada vs. Walmart having 394 stores in Canada. Walmart operated in Canada since 1994; Target just a couple of years. If either stores is oversaturated in Canada, it's Walmart, not Target.

Just a basic observation in the City of Windsor. Windsor has two Walmart stores, while Target had only one. Every time I went to Walmart in Windsor, the parking lot is virtually full and there's over a dozen cashiers with lineups. I couldn't say the same about Target Windsor. Why do you think these observations are so fundamentally different? The only conclusion I can draw is that Walmart handed Target their assess to them on a silver platter with much better pricing. They lost the war with Walmart in Canada and now they're losing it in the US.

Your first sentence makes no sense.
    Last edited by davewindsor; April-09-15 at 04:13 PM.