Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Racist Obama

"What I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately," Obama said. "That's just a fact."
    http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...ar.Disorderly/

From ‘Dreams of My Father’, “I CEASED TO ADVERTISE MY MOTHER’S RACE AT ABOUT 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”
    http://foro.univision.com/univision/...ssage.id=30982

"...it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
    http://www.theobamafile.com/ObamaQuotes.htm

The great uniter....
    yeah, right.
    With leaders like Barack Obama around, racism won't be going away anytime soon.
    Oh you need some attention too? Well By you logic it appears that racism was on its way right out the door before Obama became president.....NOT!

Just remember two ugly little incidents called "Katrina" and "Jena" to remind you what racism is all about.....

Racist Obama

Another day, another troll. I don't think you know what racist actually means.

I was trying not to comment on this but.... You people fanning the race flames are very special people indeed.

You were a dumbass kid, smarting off to the cops. Not a tenured professor at arguably the most premier university in the nation.

Status does matter. Do you think Alan Mulally will get a ticket if he's speeding thru Dearborn on his way home from work? And Gates had not committed any crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by HitsvilleUSofA View Post
    Since we are on the subject of race relations. Thoughts on the Henry Louis Gates escapade?

I think the man blew it way out of the park and is overly sensitive like many other people.

I don't see any racism involved. Just stupidity on both Gates [[for mouthing off and trying to make it a race thing) and the cops part for actually arresting Gates after he proved it was his house he was trying to break into.

When I was a kid and the cops came to my house after the old biddies down the block lodged a complaint about me and my friends I remember telling the cops off from inside my house and they convinced me to step outside and then slapped the cuffs on me to teach me a lesson.

Oh, and I can't believe the President actually took a question on this and actually wasted his time answering it.
    I don't have a problem with anything the cop did up until the time Prof Gates showed that he was a resident of that house. Once he did that the cop should have said Thank you Mr. Gates just checking up on a complaint we got. But the cop because of his racial profiling didn't leave well enough alone. Thats why the President said he did a stupid thing and I agree, we have too many cops like him , unprofessional around minorities. And yes, if it had been Alan Mullally the scenario I described would have played out 100% because that cops attitude towards the white executive would have been completely different.

Everytime someone of color cries racism , those with the same mental affliction automatically rally round as if he were the just one and no other.

Easy to say for one who has never had to ever deal with that "affliction"

That happened to me when I went to EMU. I was waiting for my friends to let me in at Phelps/Sellers when some jerk DPS officer wanted to see my student ID. I felt like I was a the Berlin Wall.

Retroit Guest

If there were any studies that said that there was more white-on-black crime than black-on-white crime, I bet all you libs would be all over it, but the reverse couldn't possibly be true...could it?

Henry Louis Gates is a Race Monger. He never provided evidence of his residency. Did any of you Race Mongers even bother to read the police report? http://www.scribd.com/doc/17557610/P...-Police-Report

Did the Race Monger-in-Chief even bother to read the police report before "rushing to judgment"?

How pathetic! The police officer showed no evidence of racism whatsoever, but all the Race Mongers just can't pass up an opportunity to fan the flames of racism. When will we will rise above this Race Mongering? Aren't we DetroitYESers better than this?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    If there were any studies that said that there was more white-on-black crime than black-on-white crime, I bet all you libs would be all over it, but the reverse couldn't possibly be true...could it?

Henry Louis Gates is a Race Monger. He never provided evidence of his residency. Did any of you Race Mongers even bother to read the police report? http://www.scribd.com/doc/17557610/P...-Police-Report

Did the Race Monger-in-Chief even bother to read the police report before "rushing to judgment"?

How pathetic! The police officer showed no evidence of racism whatsoever, but all the Race Mongers just can't pass up an opportunity to fan the flames of racism. When will we will rise above this Race Mongering? Aren't we DetroitYESers better than this?

NO becuase we are too busy calling people with a dissenting POV "Race Mongers"

No one is "Race Mongering". We are just having a discussion about the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    No one is "Race Mongering". We are just having a discussion about the incident.
    People who feel inferior and have racist leanings always try to deflect the attention away from themselves.

Personally, I believe Gates overreacted, but people do have the right to get upset and police officers have the right to arrest your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    People who feel inferior and have racist leanings always try to deflect the attention away from themselves.

ccbatson Guest

As Obama said, "we weren't there" and can't come to an informed conclusion. Of course, in the next breath, Obama came to a very uninformed conclusion anyway [[notice the pattern here..."I won't say something, then he says it")

Ravine Guest

Attention, Patrick:

Karl could be inflammatory, but I do not believe he would have pulled the knuckle-dragger stunt pulled by "4real."

Oh, and he's not dead, either.

ccbatson Guest

Maybe this Gates guy is starving for attention and blew a gasket.

We all know that racial profiling exists, in many circumstances.

I experienced it on several occasions back about 10 years ago when my roommate[[who is black) and I worked for a local pizza company. When my buddy would get of work, he would ride along with me for the last 2 hours of my shift, which included delivery areas as diverse as Grosse Pointe and some rough parts of Detroit.

While delivering in GP, several times the police pulled us over during the later hours because I'd drive slowly down the block looking for the address for the delivery. Once, when the officer saw the pizza, he asked what we were doing. I told him the obvious answer, and he still ran my record to see if I had any warrants.

One time, while I was standing at the front door collecting the money, an officer pulled up and questioned my buddy who was sitting in the passenger seat of my car, about his activities, as if seeing me with the pizza wasn't enough of an answer!

I will point out that each time, my friend and I cooperated[[although I got more upset than him) and after a brief inconvenience, we were back on our way.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; July-23-09 at 09:13 PM.

ccbatson Guest

I am sure profiling does exist. However, it doesn't fit in a case where police are responding to a complaint as was the case here.

Of that I agree on. What I wonder is why the neighbor who called the police didn't recognize their own neighbor? That is pretty sad when folks don't even know who lives next door.

ccbatson Guest

So blame the police officer and have the POTUS say that he acted stupidly while doing his job?

Show me where I blamed the officer. I think your lumping all who offer an observation into one category, a common mistake of conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Of that I agree on. What I wonder is why the neighbor who called the police didn't recognize their own neighbor? That is pretty sad when folks don't even know who lives next door.
    The woman who called 911 was identified as a neighbor in several news stories, but I saw that the "neighbor" portion was redacted on some web sites.

Either way assuming the police report is correct Mr. Gates acknowledged that he had attempted to force his way into the home. The officer was doing his job by responded to the call, and in attempting to confirm the identity of those at the scene. If Mr.Gates had not acted like a child the matter would have easily been resolved. Instead it's been turned into a national media circus [[At least until the next "newsworthy" story rolls along).
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-23-09 at 10:04 PM.

Why on earth when its obvious and factual that the cop is not racist, the situation was not racist , and come to find out Gates [[whom just lost all credibility in the real world) acted like a asshole 5 yr old on the playground by harrassing the officer
    first, do you honestly think that, had a white male pulled up to his house in a limo, then had to jimmy the door with the aid of his driver, that his neighbor of several years would have even called the cops? do you honestly think that, in that situation, the cops would have done anything but say "sorry for the inconvenience, sir" and walked away?

If you seriously think things would have turned out the same with a white male homeowner, I have some swamp land in Utah to sell you

detmich Guest

The police have in fact come to my house while I was there and asked me for identification. I did not yell that they were racist. I did not refuse to provide the id. I did not tell them I would talk to their mama outside. I behaved like a responsible adult and I was treated as such.
    Gates is behaving like a petulant child. He is completely in the wrong. More importantly, The POTUS should never have impugned the police without 100% of the information. He has sent a damaging message to the public.

If you think that a white male who behaved in this manner would not have been arrested then I have some swamp land in Utah to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    first, do you honestly think that, had a white male pulled up to his house in a limo, then had to jimmy the door with the aid of his driver, that his neighbor of several years would have even called the cops? do you honestly think that, in that situation, the cops would have done anything but say "sorry for the inconvenience, sir" and walked away?

If you seriously think things would have turned out the same with a white male homeowner, I have some swamp land in Utah to sell you

Are we to make the hypothetical assumption that the "white male homeowner" refused to show ID and then verbally berated the officer for doing his job [[Even after being told not to do so) and made a joke about his mother? If so, I'd put even money on the "white male homeowner" facing a possible arrest same as Mr. Gates.

Some here must be assuming that white males are never questioned or stopped by the police. I'm not black, but have been stopped many times by the police to ascertain my identity and my reason for being in an unusual location. I've also had officers draw their weapons when the uncertainty of the situation called for doing so. Each and every time I was allowed to continue on my way without incident. Must be because I'm white? Or perhaps is was because I treated the officers with respect and neglected to makes jokes about their mother?

More info on the the "racist" cop.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090724/...esting_officer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast