Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
The development oppurtunity banners and for sale/lease sign came off the United Artist right around the time that work started. I believe the building has also been taken off a couple real estate websites as well. Besides the U.A. I find it very interesting that anything is going on with the Adams in such a soft office market. What is going to happen around Grand Circus Park that will call for these two properties being brought back?
With Quicken focused on either the Hudson's or Monroe Blocks, no one knows what the plans are for either the UA or the Fine Arts Building. I don't think there will be a parking structure behind the Fine Arts Building, because that building doesn't have that large of a footprint... and where would the entrance/exit go? If a parking structure were to go in the area, the former Adams Theatre site would be a better [[larger) site.

One thing I do know... if the UA were being readied for demo... it wouldn't require 2 years of preperation AND a new roof!

Could it be the "residential/entertainment" part of what Quicken wanted downtown?

Or couldl it be part of a new hockey arena complex?

The good news is that the building is being worked on, and it doesn't appear to be preparations for demolition.