Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Thank you 313WX. Your explaination is far clearer than any I've gotten from city officials. Apparently, the corner lights come under connector streets designation which will be done last. So apparently we will have small islands of light surrounded by vast darkness for a long time to come.
    The reason city officials are being so vague about the new plan is because they know people won't like the results. It's polishing turds by the Duggan administration so to speak [[so instead of a city government that was corrupt but transparent, we have a city government that's corrupt but not held accountable). They keep claiming the new lighting meet "national guidelines," but I have yet to see these so-called "national guidelines" they're referring to. But note that other major cities [[NYC and Seattles) aren't removing working streetlights in their transition to LED lamps to meet so-called "national guidelines."

Recall that the PLA was Bing's baby, and his goal with the PLA was to eliminate half of the streetlights in the city [[part of the Detroit Works "shrink the city" blue print). Basically, the PLA has been executing Bing's streetlighting plan, but with adjustments.

I've stop shoveling snow at night because you can no longer see if sketchy people are lurking around [[unlike underthe old streetlighting configuration), especially given all of the news I've been hearing recently of snow shovelers being attacked...
    Last edited by 313WX; January-29-15 at 12:46 PM.