Quote Originally Posted by Parkguy View Post
Iverson's also has a place on Michigan Ave in West Dearborn, in a strip across the street from the church at Military. It is next to Biggby Coffee, I think. They only sell pastries at that location. Also, believe it or not, Smirnoff, that pick and orange building is actually a working business. It is a repair shop that seems to deal almost entirely with cab owners. Pickford-Bentler, you were probably in the old stone library at Chapel and McNichols and Grand River. The library branch moved across the street and a bit east [[I think maybe the old Redford Hospital was there at one time-- before my day). The stone building is still there, and will be maintained after Meijer opens... at least according to the plans.

Yes, it was the stone building

The Redford Hospital sewed up my split lip and I still have the scar. They also may have saved my father's life. He stepped in a bucket that had sharp broken glass and got a bleeder that he tied off and drove himself up Bentler to that Hospital. The floor of the car was filled with blood.

The Hospital was about mid way between Christ the King and the 16th Precinct.

Before they built what I remember to be a Ponderosa Steak house, there was a store called Kott's Market. That guy was a real ass. He was never nice to us when we went in to buy candy or soda on our way home from CK.

And the manager of that motel was very sleazy. I thought he took way too much interest in young school boys buying bottles of soda from the machine they had outside. I believe that we used it because they had Nu grape.

That was almost 50 years ago. So my memory could be fuzzy.

One more memory is that the "hippy" looking Redford students use to hang out on the triangular grass strip with that "8 Ball" in front of the 16th precinct.