Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Why dwell on what is no longer. I love history and preservation but mostly these threads seem morbid.

Personally I believe that " things change and we with time", all this seems to be Detroit/Michigan are dead ducks. If you believe that I want to sell you a bridge

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Why dwell on what is no longer. I love history and preservation but mostly these threads seem morbid.
    I don't see these type of threads as morbid. In fact, threads like this can be very educational.

It's not so much about focusing on what's no longer there, but rather documenting and being able to picture the evolution of the environment we live in, given how rapidly people, places and things can change in life.

Besides the good or bad memories of yesteryear that can be brought up, this knowledge can also help us in collectively determining where we went wrong with our past mistakes and what we can do to prevent from repeating the same mistakes going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I don't see these type of threads as morbid. In fact, threads like this can be very educational.

It's not so much about focusing on what's no longer there, but rather documenting and being able to picture the evolution of the environment we live in, given how rapidly people, places and things can change in life.

Besides the good or bad memories of yesteryear that can be brought up, this knowledge can also help us in collectively determining where we went wrong with our past mistakes and what we can do to prevent from repeating the same mistakes going forward.
    Lists do nothing, just document things gone. I adore when posters talk about new movements and ventures.