Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Obamacare Architect: "Lack Of Transparency Is A Huge Political Advantage"

Eh' say what?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...advantage.html
    JONATHAN GRUBER, OBAMACARE ARCHITECT: This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure that the CBO [[Congressional Budget Office) did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay. So it was written to do that. In terms of risk-rated subsidies, if you had a law that said healthy people are going to pay in -- if you made it explicit that healthy people pay in sick people get money it would not have passed. Okay.

Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically call it the stupidity of the American voter, or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical in getting the thing to pass, and, you know, it's the second best argument. And I wish Mark was right, we could make it all transparent, but I'd rather have this law than not. So there are things I'd wish I could change, but I'd rather have this law than not.

Let the games begin [[who shall we believe?):

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...gruber-created
    The mess Jonathan Gruber created [[MSNBC revised report):
    Part of the problem with the Jonathan Gruber “stupid” story is that it’s a shiny object for the political world to stare at for a while. It offers more heat than light. It’s a bouncing ball for political insiders to chase after, despite its relative insignificance.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-14-14 at 08:44 AM.