Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
I think talking about 62k properties threatens to derail the issue because it makes it sound like 50k families are going to be out on the street. As stated, we're talking about ~35k occupied homes, whether by renters or owner occupants.

I expect the result will be similar to the water debacle in which 50% of those who received shutoff notices immediately paid or got on a payment plan. Considering most of these properties have been delinquent less than the normal three years it takes to go to auction, I think most will make arrangements and the properties that are actually taken by the County/City will be among the least desirable.
I really hope the county looks at these foreclosures and tries to work with occupants in these houses. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to be a renter and be evicted, all because your landlord is a tax-dodging pile of garbage.

Does anyone think a system where the renters in single family homes that are in tax foreclosure could possibly end up paying off and owning the house would work? I'm also curious if something like that is legal. I feel it'd avoid the pain of disrupting someones life because of anothers inability to meet their obligations.