Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I'm arranging to move out of the city proper between now and next summer. I will be moving to the exurbs. The reason I'm moving to the outer ring suburbs is to get as far away from the "Detroit creep" into the inner rings suburbs as possible. My job is also in the suburbs.

As "universally terrible" as the suburbs are, I can't take much more of the lifestyle in Detroit proper, between the crumbling infrastructure, the ghetto culture, the blight, the abandonment, the lack of services, the lack of amenities and having to live like a prisoner [[at least this is what everyone outside of the downtown/midtown promise land deals with every day).

The goal is to get out of the state entirely for Chicago within the next few years.

Ultimately, the straw that breaks the camel's back for me is the perpetual aura of depression and embitterment that collectively plagues the entire state of Michigan between the sad decline of its largest city and the collapse of its largest industry.
    Last edited by 313WX; November-10-14 at 08:00 PM.