More workers, more taxes paid, more options for the office workers... it's all good to me. What the pizza tastes like is minor. Somebody likes it because they've got 44 suburban stores, and one more business from the 'burbs downtown is another vote for Detroit.

What I find more exciting is the loft development in the other link posted. I used to work in the New Center and walk down Second at lunchtime. Then when I worked in the Cultural Center, I walked up Second at lunchtime. Many times I walked by those buildings and thought they would make nice lofts.

Frank Jonna likes it--

Frank Jonna, CEO of Southfield-based Jonna Cos., developer of the nearby 54-unit Lofts at New Amsterdam in 2008 and 44-unit Graphics Arts Lofts in 2006, said it was "tough sledding" when those properties were developed, but recent demand has been high and he expects it to continue.

"It was certainly a struggle in the early days because that area never really had anybody living in it," he said. "But [[the developers) will be fine" with their project.