For a car loving city, you'd sure expect to see more locked-down underground or under-residence parking. Maybe that's where we'll be headed with new downtown residential construction. But people shouldn't act like a surface lot spot outside their front door is a God-given right. To the extent it is, you do so at your peril. Urban living is awfully easy, let me tell you, when you don't need to stash thousands of dollars worth of machinery in open air, often on dark/quiet/eye-less streets. To me it's just one more reason to go carless. And for those that need cars, it should be one more reason to demand a place with secured parking. Pull out of these silly LP facilities and send them a message that they need to build underground, sealed garages. They have a whole mile of empty green space to work with, for gosh sakes.

Do the LP buildings have roof decks or any type of amenities? [[Aside from the falsely advertised pool?). This seems like something I am not seeing enough of in Detroit, and it is taken for granted in other cities, including northern ones.