Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
I think that it would be cool to have some sort of small trolley on the island for people who want to walk to the island and not pay the fee. I saw this at Balboa park in San Diego and thought that a similar service could really increase attendance on the island.

this is definitely something i've been thinking about too... i wonder if the state/city would allow a private company to even do this? basically buy a chunk of property right by the bridge near the riverfront, allow people to park there, and have the option of taking a trolley to across the bridge..

or also have in that parking lot the option to rent a bike to take to the island, as that is also free of charge... whoever capitalizes on this first will make a good chunk of change, i would imagine

obviously the key to this is having the parking be free of charge and just charge a few dollars a person for the trolley/ renting a bike? i mean 11 dollars is really measly that if the state just set up people to sell it upon entering it would really make this all moot.