Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Yes, these houses are occupied. Actually, the last house to the right or closest to Jefferson was occupied last, maybe within the last year or two. It appears that a small time developer bought the land and built these houses with the hope that they would appeal to someone. Well, they're all occupied so I guess it worked.

Personally, I wouldn't say that they are monstrosities. Take away the garage and they're actually quite small. A better word to described them is "hideous." One reason I believe they are so is because the garages take up so much of the houses' footprints. Also, there's zero to little landscaping. The house at the corner of Hibbard and Agnes has not only a wide drive way, but a semi-circle drive way right in front of the house. Why?

I remember when these houses were being built. They must have had buyers already because I never recall seeing them advertised for sale. Just speculation, but maybe the developer was trying to create the Jefferson Village development, but on a smaller scale. Like the homes in Jefferson Village, these have those front facing, huge two car garages up front, except the one at Hibbard and Ages. I think something more aesthetic could have been built but this is what the developer wanted. Like someone said earlier, I guess something there is better than a weed-strewn field.
    Last edited by royce; August-11-14 at 04:28 AM.