Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TennisAndMath View Post
    I think your 45 year Groundhog Day has more to do with your kids not going to or caring about school and the politicians you continue voting for looting the city.

I'll turn that question back to you, how many "world class cities" have a 3 mile trolley to nowhere? You ever heard the expression "You gotta crawl before you ball"? Detroit is so freaking far from being a world class city. It likely never will be again. So stop trying to replicate a world class city. Start from the bottom. Your busses are in shambles, so update the fleet and make them safe.
    Well, for one I don't live in the city. But I don't need to to see that METRO DETROIT is probably the most provincial, back-asswards metropolitan region in America. The suburbs seem glamerous and liveable, but they have no idea the boost they could get from a thriving, vibrant inner city. Instead they think if Detroit gets better, they sink, when it's if Detroit gets better, we all get better.

Tennis and Math, you're not the first person [[nor the last unfortunately) to come on this forum and berate everything positive in the city and try to make us think nothing good can come out of Detroit and that Detroit will never get better. You have no depth in your arguements and when presented with facts you will simply ignore them.

No world class city has a 3 mile tram to "nowhere" [[of course connecting the three most important neighborhoods in the city is not nowhere). Luckily, I believe this is the start of a tram system that will help Detroit become more vibrant and urban.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Well, for one I don't live in the city. But I don't need to to see that METRO DETROIT is probably the most provincial, back-asswards metropolitan region in America. The suburbs seem glamerous and liveable, but they have no idea the boost they could get from a thriving, vibrant inner city. Instead they think if Detroit gets better, they sink, when it's if Detroit gets better, we all get better.

Tennis and Math, you're not the first person [[nor the last unfortunately) to come on this forum and berate everything positive in the city and try to make us think nothing good can come out of Detroit and that Detroit will never get better. You have no depth in your arguements and when presented with facts you will simply ignore them.

No world class city has a 3 mile tram to "nowhere" [[of course connecting the three most important neighborhoods in the city is not nowhere). Luckily, I believe this is the start of a tram system that will help Detroit become more vibrant and urban.
    Yes, and we mustn't forget that the massive streetcar system was relinquished long before CAY came about. The elements that spelled decline were not steered by a black populace or black politicos. I think a lot of Detroit woes can be attributed to Afro-American despair, a certain waywardness in public affairs, lack of business acumen and education, lack of connectivity that accelerated the crime, and general demise. To deny that is equal to denying the responsibility of former leaders whose job it was to prepare the city's integration and promote a multiplicity of opportunities via better transit, urban planning, etc... But often on this forum these themes are summarily dealt with in an either/or fashion.