Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
Sorry if I'm contradicting what I've been posting [[my wishes aren't Ilitch's wishes) but I believe the Ilitches plan mostly housing for the Western part of the sports and entertainment district. Mostly townhome styled houses????

Based on that, I don't see any soccer stadium, 5K or 20K in the sports and entertainment district.

I think ultimately it would be a mistake [[to have a 5 or 20K stadium outside the sports and entertainment district), but the Ilitches control most of that land and if it doesn't fit their master plan, then that is it...

Now if Christopher is/becomes a soccer fan, it is a 'whole new ball game' [[or match). Pun intended. He could buy into a USL franchise with Duggan and things change greatly.
I would love to see a 20k MLS venue in the proposed sports entertainment district. But I do think it could work elsewhere, like the I-275 corridor. Chicago Fire team plays in a burb 13 miles southwest of the loop. I wish the MLS would let us have a team play at Ford Field until a permanent home could be built.