I don't know about ,"well said". I live in a little known but very connected community. I am certainly not naive about blight but to trash all Detroit certainly sucks.

Our neighborhood provides seating.. so many disabled, seniors and just walking folk who rely on buses. All benign folk are welcome!

Strange dude shows up so we watched as did other area people. I did call police after I was approached for a smoke and asked if we have a neighborhood watch. I said yes but we have something better, nosey neighbors.He complimented my home too. Very creepy. I called 911. Another neighbor approached him saying he was an off duty officer. He moved up the street and another neighbor caught the sucker on his porch looking through his windows. Pushed him along. Cops came and spotted him at the corner gas station don't know the story from that point. Police response was excellent given I reported it as a non emergency.

We had a great description and provided that to police. They are doing their job with the help of good neighbors.