Until I was diagnosed with emphysema I smoked like a chimney...around 3 packs a day. I was the person that everyone said would never quit. One day I shocked hubby by putting the pack down with the lighter and saying "That's the pack I'll never finish". Since then, I haven't touched one. Now when I go in an establishment where any smoking is allowed I can't breathe. Even walking past where someone has been smoking can cause an asthma attack [[I have that too). Luckily, one of the towns near me has a no smoking in public places law and that is where I go whenever I want to have dinner. I also do my best to avoid places where I know there is a smokey cloud to pass through on my way in. I remember how I hated the anti-smoking laws at one time and I do believe that smokers have rights too. All I ask is that those who still smoke remember that not all of us non-smokers really had a choice. Some of us have major health problems and honestly CAN'T be around the stuff. We also have the right to be able to go places and do things without ending up in the hospital