I disagree, a lot of the American thought the same of new arrivals and aa, shyt my dad was more worried about polish than aa, when he came over, he lived around hamtramck which was a polish enclave, and they did not like outsiders, they harassed the new arrivals, my mom was harassed by aa on the bus, even getting in fist fights, just because she was a immigrant, the only difference is they didn't sit around and bitch about, they worked saved money bought cars and homes, penny I pinched in the process, because they didn't wanna go back were they came from, more immigrants came in the 70s from the area country my parents are from, they fought back, made something of themselves, no one gave them shyt, no foodstamps , no fkn welfare, the problem is we give people rewards for being lazy, and working the system, that's the problem, who owns most of the party stores and coneys in detroit not aa, but 1st generation immigrants, the party stores are Chaldean owned, the coneys albanian owned, why is that? Because they worked there ass off to become something. I.m not talking about downtown I'm talking about all the other areas..
Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
There are plenty of successful A Afro-Americans in all walks of life. The problem is that for a long time most of them were considered beneath the lower end of European immigrants. it didn't matter that some had achieved distinction in medicine or the arts...

So yes, this is getting old, always be old, and won't be resolved next week unfortunately.