Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by wiz40 View Post
    What is the name or significance of the house in Mariner's Park? It is right next to a canal separating Detroit from Grosse Pointe Park. I do not know if it has been torn down or not, but it is directly on the river across the street from the old store and bait place.
    That was the old Hock home. At one time there were several residenses in what is now Lake wood east park, two inns, housing Marinras ,boat clubs, bait shop s etc. The Hocks moved when the wife died and grandma came to stay. She worried about the lids and water. For years it was used as a a senior recreation center operated by the city of Detroit. They closed it in a cost cut back and Creekside residents maintained by boarding it etc. After the Phoenix group bought the trailer park. Several specious fires sprang up. The death knell was two fires in one day. No clue if has been torn down. Used to be very involved with creekside regarding our parks. Frankly it just hurts too much to see all the damages. Boy I really could write a book on all the shady dealings. As to Morgan Estates I wouldn't waste my spit on his shadow. The houses are big, poorly built and location sucks. The views are a power plant. Hardly riverfront living.
    Last edited by sumas; May-21-14 at 04:52 AM. Reason: spelling