Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Sorry, no sale. Read the fine print, "get $100 to test drive a car". He didn't walk in to the dealership demanding $100 because he wanted to test drive a car. This was an offer made by GM. The only issue I have is if they're out, they're out. No where I could see it was indefinite.
    It also says "While supplies last". They didn't last. If he thinks this is a "bait and switch" ala Best Buy or Circuit City's practice of advertising items and then never getting them in stock or getting 1 of the advertised items, he needs to contact the Attorney General, not to GM. They popped both of the above mentioned companies for bait and switch; but you need to be able to prove it was a dishonest practice. Did others who attempted to do a test drive for the $100 get to do it or were there never any cards? That makes all the difference. They advertised an either/or finite number of gifts; either until the end of April or until supplies ran out.
    Last edited by jcole; April-25-14 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It also says "While supplies last". They didn't last. If he thinks this is a "bait and switch" ala Best Buy or Circuit City's practice of advertising items and then never getting them in stock or getting 1 of the advertised items, he needs to contact the Attorney General, not to GM. They popped both of the above mentioned companies for bait and switch; but you need to be able to prove it was a dishonest practice. Did others who attempted to do a test drive for the $100 get to do it or were there never any cards? That makes all the difference. They advertised an either/or finite number of gifts; either until the end of April or until supplies ran out.
    The scenario MichiganMan described was not "bait & switch". The true definition of "bait & switch" goes something like "New 2014 Apple I-pads, $159.99!" When you get there, first thing in the a.m., the salesman says, "I'm sorry, we're out of I-Pads, but we have 2009, refurbished Acers, I can let you have for the same price, it's a MUCH better machine". Again, you have to prove they NEVER had the I-Pads, and no one bought one @ $159.99. GM knows all this, and despite people's feelings about them, they don't do business in that manner. I'm sure they thought this out, ran it by legal, and if someone does decide to contact the Attorney General, they can come up with verification that "X" amount of people received the $100 cards.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-25-14 at 05:11 PM.