Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    My brother owned dealerships when he was still alive and he would prey on people. They want to get folks in the door, but they also want buyers. You were sized up to be an un-buyer the second you walked in.

I suspect that you are unhappy with yourself and kind of embarrassed for being so cheap.

As someone who has been in the car business in the past, the above is likely what happened. You pre qualify a prospect before moving forward. In this case you make sure the guy is a buyer and not just someone coming in to get $100 for a 5 minute test drive. If they gave these out to everyone that came in they would be gone in the first week. Or less.

If a guy comes in and says right off "I want to go on a $100 test drive" the likelihood of that happening is low as it's obvious what he is there for.

And judging by the OP's post, that is exactly why he was there with no intention of buying a car.

edit-Also, each dealer is given a set number of cards. This dealer may in fact have been out, while the guy across town that screens better still has them.
    Last edited by hotwheels; April-25-14 at 10:34 AM.