Joe can't be blamed for the Darko pick. Hindsight is 20/20, but at the time, at least 75% of the General Managers would have made the same pick if they were in the Pistons draft slot.

I think it was over for Joe when Bill Davidson died. Those two had a special bond and formed an incredible team. When Mr. Davidson died, so did the Pistons. Davidson's widow put a stop to all spending, denying Joe the coach he wanted, prohibiting any in-season trades that would have increased salary a nickel, and in general just killing any and all morale on the team. I had hoped that once the wretched gold digger sold the team, it would allow for good fortune to return, but Gores has no idea what he's doing. He's made his fortune by slicing and dicing up companies, and selling off the pieces for profit. That model doesn't work in the sports world, so he's a fish out of water.

Dumars is better off now. I have nothing but respect for what he accomplished here. To be a central part of three championships [[should have been four, thanks Rasheed) is something very few people in this world can say they've accomplished. He's a legend.