Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Growing up, working there and now visiting family the very real sense of never ever feeling safe.

Always on the lookout, swimming with the sharks.

Bike jacked twice had to fight 'em off. Robbed at knife point at middle school. Being a safety boy on the corner of baldwin and palmer had my watch stolen that was elementary school. Car tires slashed, radios stolen crap like that. Personal safety. Living around gangs, drugs and thugs. Fighting, hopefully giving as good as you got.

Went for a drive in the D two years ago, had my wife, daughter and baby grandson. We went through a neighborhood my wife and I lived in years back. I went down some streets between 7 mi and state fair, barlow, westphalia. Them streets looked like a bomb went off and they were war zones with cars, appliances and debris askew in the streets.

Then it dawned on me, I had the most precious people to me in that little Scion. What if we had a flat? What if that car broke down? I got a little worried and said to my myself, what the hell am I doing here with my family?

No more manure tour Bub. Get your ass out of dodge. On the way out, down 7 mile towards the Chrysler, I saw cops in their squad cars and they looked so out of place.

Like I said...

Growing up, working there and now visiting family the very real sense of never ever feeling safe.

Forget downtown, midtown it's the east side this ghetto rat came from.
    Say all you want about resurrection, till it's made it way to 8 mile then over to 94, I'm not a believer.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; April-12-14 at 08:16 PM.