As someone who favors a high-rise on the Statler sight, I believe that would be a mistake here. IMHO, everything south of Atwater that's left [[including the site of Bing's failed project) should be reserved for the RiverWalk. From Atwater to Jefferson, low-rise, high density should be sought. Any high-rises should be north of Jefferson.

Someone says the inside court design wouldn't affect street traffic, but I'm not convinced. Do you ever see any street traffic within the courtyard of the Stroh River Place lofts? Possibly having restaurants and coffee shops in their would help, but is there any guarantee that they can attract these businesses? If I had a coffee shop, and the RiverWalk continues to attract more people, I certainly would not want to be walled off from that.

My biggest concern is that this doesn't become a gated community.

Finally, from Curbed renderings, they show this covering 5 of the six blocks west of the Dequindre Cut, the sixth block being the Globe Building. Wasn't there at a least a full block north of the Globe that was supposed to be parking for the place? I don't see it anywhere in the renderings.