Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    That element has to go away.
    I don't think they will go anywhere. I think the best thing that we can hope for us to contain them, create safety, then help assimilate them into a non-violent culture.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I don't think they will go anywhere. I think the best thing that we can hope for us to contain them, create safety, then help assimilate them into a non-violent culture.
    Well good luck with that...

Is this just gonna be another dog bites man event? No news here.
    Does this qualify as a hate crime?
    Is there any censorship/sanitizing on the media's part?

It's a Detroit black thing folks. Don't mess with them when you out in the ghetto hoods.

I see my post was removed again.

To anyone legally able, capable and responsible enough to carry a firearm get your CPL! This man probably could have avoided this brutal beating if he had been armed and the party store owner that was recently beaten to death would most likely still be alive as well if he had been carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post

To anyone legally able, capable and responsible enough to carry a firearm get your CPL!
    I completely disagree. Guns, whether carried legally or not, make a society less safe. People have the legal right to CPL, but I don't think it makes them safer [[this old dude could have easily had his weapon taken by a mob of 12).

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I completely disagree. Guns, whether carried legally or not, make a society less safe. People have the legal right to CPL, but I don't think it makes them safer [[this old dude could have easily had his weapon taken by a mob of 12).
    Check that. A six shooter would reduce the mob of twelve to six and a glock would take 12 to 3.

Reality would be they would scatter or whip out there own illegal weaponry.

Well as someone that has shot wild animals I can tell you that when you shoot one the others don't normally stick around to see what happened. The article says that he did defend himself temporarily until the mob overcame him. That makes it appear that he would have had time to access and use a pistol, and hopefully ended the confrontation.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; April-04-14 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post

To anyone legally able, capable and responsible enough to carry a firearm get your CPL! This man probably could have avoided this brutal beating if he had been armed and the party store owner that was recently beaten to death would most likely still be alive as well if he had been carrying.
    No advertising allowed. You cited businesses with phone number etc. Make your point leave out the ads.

Detroit....it will kill you whether driving through town or driving one of its cars in your own town.....

I rarely post on Detroityes because there is little rationality to the threads. This tragic story could have happened anywhere with any combination of races involved. What needs to be understood is that the probability of it occurring as it did in Detroit in the manner it did, is why the city has no realistic hope of any bright future.

Go ahead and build a streetcar line - no one will ride it. Until this city is safe for everyone nothing will save it.

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    I rarely post on Detroityes because there is little rationality to the threads. This tragic story could have happened anywhere with any combination of races involved. What needs to be understood is that the probability of it occurring as it did in Detroit in the manner it did, is why the city has no realistic hope of any bright future.

Go ahead and build a streetcar line - no one will ride it. Until this city is safe for everyone nothing will save it.
    Right... like the motorcycle gang in NYC last year that dragged the man out of his Range Rover and beat the crap outta him for a similar incident when he accidentally hit one of the bikers. This _hit happens everywhere, just gets more pub when it happens here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Right... like the motorcycle gang in NYC last year that dragged the man out of his Range Rover and beat the crap outta him for a similar incident when he accidentally hit one of the bikers. This _hit happens everywhere, just gets more pub when it happens here.
    That incident got a TON of publicity and for good reason.

And it wasn't nearly as scary because A. No one thinks that violently engaging with a motorcycle gang is the same as just going to work and minding your business and doing the right thing, B. The dude was just beat up; he wasn't in critical condition like in Detroit and C. The motorcycle gang members were all locked up within 48 hours.

That incident got a TON of publicity and for good reason.

And it wasn't nearly as scary because A. No one thinks that violently engaging with a motorcycle gang is the same as just going to work and minding your business and doing the right thing, B. The dude was just beat up; he wasn't in critical condition like in Detroit and C. The motorcycle gang members were all locked up within 48 hours.
    That's YOUR opinion. This Detroit incident has made the national news as well, they were talking about it on CNN. It was just as bad even though the driver who was beat in front of his wife and infant child wasn't hurt as bad as the motorcyclist who was paralyzed from the waist down. They were locked up fast because NYC police dept has far more man power and resources than Detroit's. A big difference.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-07-14 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    They were locked up fast because NYC police dept has far more man power and resources than Detroit's. A big difference.
    They were locked up fast in part because several New York cops were among the offenders.

Upon finding out about this incident I was going to come here and post it but thought I'd look around to see if someone else posted it and found this post.

It appears that the victim was released from the hospital on Thursday and the driver remains in critical condition in a Detroit hospital.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,7511482.story

Contain them? How's that supposed to happen?

What I hope for is for them to either be put in a cage or put down like the animals they are.